Monday 4 January 2021

A cold start to the year

 In fact its a very cold start to the year as our boiler has broken so we have no heating in the house other than a small fan heater. Ian has been dispatched to the camper to rescue a heater from there and I'm poised to ring the heating shop as soon as they open !

Other than that, the New Year started very noisily with fireworks and its been under 5c since then. We've had a touch of snow but I'm hoping for sun as it warms up the back of the house including my workroom.

I've been stitching on the Blackwork SAL, week one is now out so I'll add that later this week. 



The 2017SAL also has a few more stitches on it.



My main aim this week is to spin up some more oddments and think of what to knit with them.

So I'm going to keep wrapped up, keep the kettle on, pull on a hat and do some housework to keep me warm!!

speak soon, 


1 comment:

Araignee said...

Oh,no.....I hope you get the problem solved quickly. We have a heat pump here which is nothing but cold air circulating so I have to bundle up pretty much all winter. I wonder what the neighbors think when they see me wearing a hat and shawl in the house. At least my knitwear gets a good workout.
Your stitching is lovely. Using one color is very appealing to me at the moment. I bought a one color Quaker pattern but the material never showed up-just lots of pricey floss.