Wednesday 2 March 2022

and today it rained

 No fleece washing today, its dull, dismal and wet outside and I'm just grabbing a cuppa whilst I work out how many layers to put on !

Today is parcel day, DPS are due to pick one up and another carrier are dropping one off. so no wearing of headphones until I know the drop off times....... ok, the motorcycle parts were dropped off at 8.45 am!!

First job today is to spin some of this fleece, a friend dropped it off as he wasn't going to get chance to do anything with it and he couldn't remember if it was Ryeland or black welsh mountain. My first thought was Ryeland but now its washed and partly spun I'm thinking its BWM.





The fleece is actually a bit darker than these photos show, I'm spinning 65gm onto each bobbin.



                                        

Bobbin no 1 now complete so its time to look at the Ryeland that I washed yesterday and decide how to process it. My preference is to spin combed fleece but I think that these locks may be a little on the short side.




I really don't like using hand carders or spinning from rolags so the choice is really combs or drum carder,

On further inspection, the longest locks are 2 inch, there are still dirty tips and quite a few second cuts so I've decided to comb in spite of the waste produced, This way I won't be picking out so much rubbish as I spin and I'll be happy with a couple or so skeins as it a nice colour.





That's as far as I got with the fluff, the garden people came to give us a quote for the fence that we lost in the storms, the other half (bless him) came home early afternoon and we spent the rest of the day together looking at more campsites.

The plan for tomorrow is to spin the other bobbin then coffee with friends and maybe a bit of fleece combing in the afternoon.

Speak soon xx



1 comment:

Araignee said...

It looks so nice and bouncy!