Sunday 21 April 2024

what happened to the mitten and Shetland fleece update.

 Hi,

First, the mitten/gloves. As I wasn't able to find a giant to wear them or make them into fingerless easily they are awaiting unravelling.

Final conclusion s are 

1 I didn't spin fine enough

2 wartime yarn was super fine

3 the cast on number of stitches seems at odds with other patterns for the same thing

Next steps...

I've ordered a pattern for the gloves from the Scottish Women's Institute for comparison and will have another go, probably knitting them as gloves even though the thought of knitting fingers sends me into a frenzy.

Shetland fleece

I've processed some ready for spinning and I'm currently knitting a pair of mitts to replace the ones I have been wearing for the last four years.

I have a four week plan to work solely on the Shetland, use my nano as much as possible  to spin fine and knit a couple more pairs of the fingerless mitts.





1 comment:

Araignee said...

Sorry about the mitten but it sounds like you've got a good plan for moving forward.