Monday 17 June 2024

tour de fleece Sampling the Bowmont

 Disclaimer.... I love combed fibre in spite of the amount of wastage and having seen these photos, I've realise that the last time I dropped my camera might have done more damage that I realised.

Bowmont Fleece.

I have had a bag of Bowmont in the past, the locks were really short and to be honest I didn't get very far with it but when I spotted an advert for some on Facebook, I thought that I would give it another shot. I ordered my usual 1 kilo ( I generally buy at least a kilo of any fleece so I have plenty to play with) thinking that it would be a good spin to have on my Nano during TDF this year.



Beautiful clean fibre, I washed a good handful as soon as the rain stopped and started to play with it.



I'm aiming for a light 4-ply once plyed. Before washing.....



After washing .....



After washing, 16 wpi which is about where I want to be  with this. I'm hoping to knit a shawl or two with this. Its lovely and soft and I think it will block out nicely but I haven't tried that yet.

Small sample with 3mm needles.


Todays forecast doesn't look so bad so I'll probably pop some more on the line.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done. It really goes bouncy when you wash it doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Nice👌

Araignee said...

What beautiful crimp! Your spinning is so lovely and precise. I wish I could pop by for a lesson. Darn ocean.

Anonymous said...

Stunning 😍