Tuesday, 21 July 2026

Tour de Fleece day Seventeen and Eighteen , Argonaut takes a trip to Southwell

Day 17, Monday was my usual knit group meeting so no photos but I did take my Argonaut and carried on spinning the Polwarth as I really want to finish it by the weekend.

Once back home I carried on with the Romney, finished the second bobbin and plied them

                                      


                                                     I then did the same with the blue fluff



Both of these were washed and dried on Tuesday and are now in the bag awaiting labels.


both are darker in real life, the camera isn't reading the light very well as its so bright even with the blinds shut.



On Tuesday I went over to Southwell, mainly to visit the sweet shop so you can imagine my shock when I found that it had closed down. It was our nearest place for buying Dutch salted liquorice so it looks like I may have to buy on line in the future :-(


Breakfast was in the cafe at the Minster although its under temporary management at the moment and I'm not a fan of paper/plastic cups for coffee especially when they make your coffee taste sort of plastic. Hopefully new owners will be in place before my next visit.




as usual, I can't resist taking a few photos





Ooops, nearly forgot, another four bobbins of Texel ready to be plied in the morning.



No comments: