Sunday, 20 September 2026

Perth

 Feeling a little exhausted we moved on to Perth after the festival. This was our first visit and after hunting down the campsite ( driving through a council housing estate to get to it ) we found the bus stop into town.

Our first walk round town was more a get our bearings and find coffee sort of walk, we raided the charity shops although didn't really find anything and relaxed with coffee.

The next day I returned on my own with my camera which is now beginning to show its age and I may have to replace it soon but I've not yet found a small camera that does all that this one does.

First up was a quick scout round the bus stop as it was on Mill Street, following the road I found the evidence that I was looking for.


This mosaic was set neatly into the cobbles on the footpath. Anyone want to buy a mill ? there is a sale board on it but this web page gives some of the history. It seems that the plan to reopen as a tourist destination were scrapped in 2023 but the inside photos are interesting. There is a for sale board on the building but I've been unable so far to find the listing on line, ( I'm being nosy) so I'm not sure is it relates to the whole building or maybe an apartment conversion.





Several bears put in an appearance as I wondered around. Around Bridlington we see puffins, around Nottingham it is Robins and I think Sheffield had elephants at one time.







A quick visit to the museum as unfortunately I didn't have enough time to explore thoroughly so its on my 'go back to' list. I did, however find it interesting and well set out.








I finished the day with a walk down by the river, a quick glance inside the theatre entrance and caught my bus back to the site opposite the old cinema.























No comments: