Tuesday 27 November 2012

the Lace Market

I happened to find myself up in the Lace Market the other day and since I had my camera in my bag I thought I would share a few pictures of the building with you. Nottingham Lace Market refers to the area that housed the large factory buildings and warehouses and more about the history of this heritage site can be found here. I just like to take photos as you may have noticed !

Lace Market, Nottingham

Lace Market, Nottingham

 Lace Market, Nottingham


Lace Market, Nottingham

Lace Market, Nottingham

Lace Market, Nottingham

these days these wonderful buildings have a new life as offices, a college and appartments not to mention a fair number of bars and clubs

Lace Market, Nottingham


It's a shame that we no longer have a lace industry in Nottingham and not even a museum anymore, can we afford to forget these textile connections and skills???

1 comment:

Julie said...

Beautiful buildings Sue and you're right, our heritage should be remembered.