Sunday 19 November 2017

yarn, yarn, yarn

Hi

I've just finished re-skeinning and labelling Octobers spinning, all of it is DK/aranish weight. All of the skeins are British breeds prepared from fleece except the North Ronaldsay at the end which I purchased whilst on Orkney and was a sort of thin roving and not my favourite to spin.


From dark to light - Jacob, Cheviot, Ryland, 2 Jacob x texel. Norfolk/Suffolk and North Ronaldsay which is a bit washed out in the picture.


 I've only spun the light bag so far and I'm not really looking forward to spinning the dark one. Still it was a souvenir from the holiday and I can always sell the yarn anyway.

I'm still working on the hat, hopefully be finished soon then it will be a case of fibre prep and spinning ready for next year, I think I may start by finishing up the bag of Hebridean.

speak soon x







1 comment:

Araignee said...

How completely lovely it looks all lined up!