Monday 27 May 2013

Pillow Lace

Morning,
Nice and sunny here today and it's a bank holiday which means I will be in the garden in the next few mins. First a quick update on whats on my lace pillow.....

bobbin lace

Ongoing, easy project, good for demos :-)

Bobbins on the pillow............

bobbin lace

bobbin lace

Not my best set of bobbins but interesting enough for anyone who wants to look at them.

I recently acquired a bag of bobbins and a pillow to sell for charity, the more durable ones have been put on one side and I will make up a kit to sell to a new lace maker in the new couple of weeks, some will enter my own collection for use at demos and teaching ( I'm going to treat myself to them using my birthday pennies)

Some of the bobbins were totally dried out, the spangles (wire and beads) fell off as I lifted them out of the bag.

bobbin lace

So they are being treated to some Teak oil to try and breath a bit of like back onto them.

bobbin lace

Starting to see a difference last night...........and this morning after two applications.

bobbin lace

Definitely looking more usable, I suspect I may be shipping for beads later today :-)

Have a great day x

2 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Beautiful! Makes me want to take the dust cover off my pillow, but it will have to wait until next week when school is out. Thanks for the inspiration!

Araignee said...

How beautiful they are-not to mention that lace!