Monday 25 May 2020

days merge together....

Hi,

I've just spent the last 30 min fighting with my phone, trying to upload photos to my desktop to put into this post. Sometimes I really wonder why I bother.

This week has been pretty much the same, the number of people  I've spoken to since the end of March ( in person) is now six as a friend dropped off another fleece this morning which will probably feature in next weeks post.

Lace - I'm on the last row so will finish it tomorrow and post a photo next time.

knitting - not a stitch !

spinning- two skeins, one Jacob and one balwen/texel which is actually dyed grey/blue.
I did think that I was having problems with my dyes but this time a popped it in the slowcooker. The skein was bound in four places with a commercial 100% wool yarn which took the colour a lot better than the handspun. I've come to the conclusion that this particular fleece is simply not good at taking colour.


The bfl/swaledale is currently on the line so again I will update next week.

Sewing - as we are hoping that the campsites will open up in July I've decided to make some masks. These are just incase the advice changes or we encounter a shop etc that insists on them. I have quite a stash of cotton fabric so I've sewn three so far, simple double layers so they can be thrown into the wash when they have been used.



I've also started to tidy my work room, yep, I can now see the desk! and I took a photo to send to my mum to prove that I'm surviving lockdown :-)

I plan to have more to blog by next weekend (fingers crossed)  so will speak soon xx



No comments: