Wednesday 15 July 2020

Tour de Fleece day 18 & 19

Hi,

Another update, first bobbin of Portland spun up 60gm and the second is on the wheel and should be finished later tonight as I've only about 10gm to go.



I threw some dye at a mule fleece and I'm blending it with the undyed remainder, its looking a bit like the old fruit salad sweets :-)



The ugly hat is finally finished



and I sort of like it !

The spindle now weighs 24gm but its difficult to see any difference so I'll report back on that one next time.

One other thing happened over the last couple of days. Tuesday afternoon I went shopping, well just one shop but it was the first time I had been in one since the start of lockdown. I suspect that I won't be going near any others for some time, weird and uncomfortable experience.

That's about it for now,   take care xx

1 comment:

Araignee said...

The hat is lovely!
I haven't been in a shop since February. I went up to the door of our big chain grocery and changed my mind. It looked too scary. Delivery and curbside pick up is working just fine so I'll stick to that. Things are really out of control here as you probably know. Too many idiots have been fighting for the freedom to be sick and spread it to others. My sister and her husband are just now getting over it after he brought it home from work. It was a two month nightmare for them. It is nothing like the flu.