Wednesday 26 May 2021

Crafty interlude

 We have been back for four days ( more Scotland photos in next post) and so far it feels like winter !! I've even got my thick leggings on.

I've made good progress on the hat, just started the decreases and realized that it nearly matches my new skirt.


I've spun 120gm of random fleece ( From isle of Skye 2019, breed unknown even by the crofter ! )


I had a couple of fleeces delivered to the campsite this year, I hope to photo at the weekend as I've not had chance to look at them yet.

The Island charity shops did us proud again, Ian acquired quite a pile of cds as well.



Monday was spent organizing my cross stitch stash and listing all the fabric that I've been fortunate to pick up recently. I also listed all the kits I have waiting to be done..... I suspect that some will still be around in 10 years time especially as some are already 25 years old.

I spun some cheviot whilst away, windy but glorious view from the wheel.


and even got to add a few stitches to the big red stitch


My next project is to comb the bag of Jacob sat next to my desk ready for the start of this years Tour de Fleece, it looks like I will be camping for 2 out of the 3 weeks covered by this years dates so I'm hoping that the weather seriously improves.

That's about it craftwise for now, speak soon xx

1 comment:

Araignee said...

We will be in the middle of a big remodel so I doubt I will get much spinning done during the Tour this year either. I bought a big bag of Corriedale to wash this spring but it was too wet and windy to get it started. It must be heaven to sit and spin with such a view.