Saturday 3 July 2010

East Bridgford Show

Hi, I have a few posts to do over the next few days regarding sketchbooks and spinning but for the time being I will share a few photos from last weekends show.
Our branch of Weavers , Spinners and Dyers put on a demo and display at this annual show and this year I was able to join them and had a very enjoyable day spinning, watching Zulu dancers, one mad and his dog herding ducks!! meeting very friendly sheep (and buying their fleece) not to mention countless cups of tea from the local WI.

east bridgford show 015

east bridgford show 007

east bridgford show 021

Spinning and chatting is one of my favourite chill activities and I am very conscious that I have been ignoring embroidery for a while and even the lace has gone untouched. But we have a bobbin lace session pencilled in for later this month so watch this space.

2 comments:

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Wow your photos are stunning, such lovely colours and so summery. Shall look forward to your post about the sketchbook ;o)

~ Phyllis ~ said...

I really enjoyed looking at the spinning wheel photos. Looks like fun at the fiber event.