Monday 7 March 2011

on the road again

but cheating and traveling by car! as this was our club rally, we travelled to Cornwall by car so we would have transport if required for food shopping etc.
The rally in question was the Deja Vu held by Drake MCC, usual tent in a muddy field event, drinking evening on Friday followed by a band and Vicars n Tarts party on Saturday I will spare you the photos of hairy men drssed as tarts though :-)

So , it was a cold and frosty weekend as the photos will testify!!

deja vu 029



deja vu 015


not a good time to stay outside with your bike!! however this frozen biker turned out to be a little less alarming close up.

deja vu 019



deja vu 022


but it was easily cold enough for the bikes to grow a frosty overcoat.

I occupied myself with a bag of the mystery fleece to sort and comb out and a play on my drop spindle. Fun was had as alcohol was consumed and I have many blurry pictures that will not mean anything unless you were there yourself! On the way home we stopped off in Honiton to grab a paper and I spotted several tiled pictures including these two.

deja vu 053



deja vu 056


I now have the challenge of spinning 100 gm of wool that was sorted etc under the influence of alcohol, maybe not such a good idea but who can resist partying with these guys?


Hope you all had a good weekend :-)





2 comments:

laura_rose said...

LOVE IT!!!! Sounds like it was lots of fun, but these days I must admit the cold is not my friend!

Katie said...

Hi! Just found you through stitchin fingers- Love your blog and its mix of motocycles and fiber arts!!