Monday 29 June 2015

Bobbin lace

Hi,
I haven't made lace on a regular basis for years,  just the odd bits and pieces mainly stuff for occasional demo when needed.
Maybe it's because I have been doing so much weaving that I feel the need to do something different for a while and since I have a shelf of lace books (and a few on the desk and floor)

A drawer full of lace making threads


A varied selection of bobbins

So I picked up a book at random, turned to pattern 1
And started
Flemish  centre braid, six pairs
Sorry for the bad photos, camera battery dead so blogged from my tablet.....need to find my charger asap!!

3 comments:

Araignee said...

Yowza. That makes my head hurt. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Guzzisue said...

will show the results in the next post x

Maggi said...

Saw a demo at Living Threads the other year and was quite taken with it. I'm sure that I would get completely tangled though!