Monday 8 March 2021

 I'm really starting to feel a little more motivated to do things, not just stitch but I've started to back up the last five years of photos on my desktop and sort out the documents file ready to back up. I have a small stack of letters to reply to so that's on todays list along with some baking.

The weather is definitely colder again but the mornings and evenings are getting lighter which is really helping. I knew that my first full winter at home would be a challenge but obviously the lockdowns since November have made this one a bit more taxing.

Usually we would travel away for a weekend breaks in the winter, recharge the batteries and breath some sea/country air but obviously this hasn't happened but the date for campsites opening in England in April 12 and we are still hoping the Scotland open theirs around the same time.

I've managed some stitching this week but really not enough to post on here but I did find some old stitching from the early 90's when clearing things out. At that time I generally gave away my stitching but here are some small finished pieces.


I think my favorite is the hedgehog :-)

Next weeks challenge is to finish the Quaker piece and think about what's next. I didn't want to go too far back down the rabbit hole but I'm having a bit of fun :-)


2 comments:

Araignee said...

It has been such a hard winter. Everyday is a challenge to keep my head above it all. I wonder about the folks who have no hobbies to keep them centered during all this. Although it's been a struggle to stay motivated, they've given me many precious moments of peace during this difficult time.

Guzzisue said...

Interestingly, one of my work colleagues said ( before covid)that I would be bored 6 months after I retired. I suspect that was because she doesn't have any hobbies that can be done at home.