Thursday 29 April 2021

It was all going so well ......

 Hi,

Minor disaster today. I had decided to dye some of my spun yarn, particularly the mixed fleece yarn which I spun up from the oddments

I set up my slower cookers in the outhouse and dyed the first two skeins a lovely magenta / pink.



Then I set up the cookers to dye some dark Jacob with a navy dye which usually

 looks good as it catches any lighter fibres.

Whilst one of the cookers quietly got on with the job, the other strangely lost the liquid and further investigation revealed a hairline crack around the bottom of the pot.

This means my next challenge will be to seek out another cooker in a charity shop if possible  ( often people will buy and try then discard them)

Next project will be to paint some yarn with dye and pop in the steamer whilst waiting for another slow cooker.

Speak soon xx


1 comment:

Araignee said...

It is a lovely color! To bad about the cooker. I have my mom's old one that I use for all sorts of things. They do come in handy.