Friday 16 April 2021

revisiting old haunts

 Tuesday arrived with a bright blue sky so after pegging out the washing I went out for a walk. I'm limited to 1-2 miles ( 3 at a push) before things get painful which is much better than last summer and has meant that I can now choose a destination as long as I'm near a bus route.

Heading out up the hill I even remembered to take a photo of the old road cobbles that are now visible through the broken road surface, I have passed these so many times thinking that I need to grab a pic so here it is. Not exciting but interesting to me .


At the top of the hill is the house that I always wanted to live in when I was younger, I believe that it is now flats but sometimes I still hanker over it :-)


Nearby is the Church that attended until my mid teens, now up for sale so I'm keeping an eye open to see what becomes of it. There is a stage in the basement where the church concert party used to perform music evenings and Gilbert and Sullivan operetta's in the 60's


Walking home from Guides or Sunday School took us down through the local park so I retraced my steps.




This park was the placed where I spent the long school holidays especially as a young teenager when we would hide in the disused railway tunnels from the smaller kids. The tunnels are now filled in and overgrown but the evidence remains.



I tried to photograph the numerous birds but they were uncooperative ( too busy with food and nests ) however the squirrel posed for me.


I headed down into Sherwood to check out the charity (thrift ) shops that reopened on Monday. Nothing really caught my eye so came back empty handed.


I'm not sure if other cities have these, electric scooters to get around on !


This was pretty much the furthest that I've been for months ! I now have a list of places to visit when the good weather strikes.

Speak soon x











1 comment:

Araignee said...

That is a great house! I can see how that caught your fancy. It looks like something out of a fairy tale. I've got my list of places to go also but it's not very interesting. I'm looking forward to the post office and picking out my own fruit and veggies.