Sunday 12 July 2020

Tour de Fleece day 15 and 16

Hi,

I had a busy weekend doing other, boring , housework type stuff but I managed to spin and then ply the remainder of the unknown fleece. The two skeins are actually the same length with one weighing 105gm, the other 103gm. I love the subtle variety of brown and greys but the yarn is a little hairy but may knit up ok. We will see what happens.


Do you remember the filthy Kent Romney from an earlier post? If not, here's a reminder



and here is the first finished skein, the fibre was still sticky and not so easy to draft but its washed up nice now its spun.


looks like I managed to split the fibre pretty evenly between the bobbins this time !!


and this is the finished result

This is the result, 125 gm fresh off the washing line.

Other than this I've been spinning on my spindle but its so fine that you can't really see a great deal of difference yet, patched a pair of jeans for hubby, made a bag for our walking poles to live in and also made a bag for my sharp knives (bread knife etc ) that I keep in the van.

Its been a good weekend, I hope you have all have an enjoyable one as well xx

3 comments:

Sally said...

Busy Lady! The finished skeins look wonderful as ever 😁

Guzzisue said...

Thank you x

Araignee said...

What beautiful skeins! The last one is an amazing transformation. Well done!