Saturday 3 April 2021

Sunshine and stitches

Hi :-)


 A couple of finishes, the witch ( design from Sub Rosa see previous post ) and my black sheep design which  is my first cross stitch design attempt in over 25 years :-)


We've had 3 days of sunshine and reasonable temperatures (at the time of writing) but the weather is forecast to cool down again and possibly by the time I upload this it may even be snowing again !!However, for the time being it's forecast 21C today and I'm making the most of it by doing the washing haha.

Yesterday I went out for a walk to the post office and discovered that someone had yarn bombed the post box.


Another interesting sight was the community library. I had not walked through this area since I left work so assume that this was possibly set up during the first lockdown.


As you have probably gathered, we live in a valley, the post office is up on the hill ( more of a ridge really as it drops back down again the other side. If the weather is good you can see for miles from the post office.



The tower blocks in the distance are Nottingham city centre.


Over the Easter break, my main task is to try and match the sampler colour to the DMC ranges. I've stitched a swatch and I'm waiting for the light to be reasonable to see which is the closest. The sampler has faded in places so I'm looking for a happy medium on this.


That's it for this weeks round up, I'm publishing this a little early on Saturday rather than Monday as I've actually had something to write about!

Speak soon, xx






1 comment:

Araignee said...

Congrats on the finishes! I am very impressed because they really are finishes. Whenever I finish something it just gets rolled up and stuck back in the tube. I never have any idea what to do with them.
That is quite the posh community library. Ours is just some books stuck in some old wood packing crates sitting on the porch of a local produce shop. I can't complain because I've found some good books there even if they are bit weather beaten.