Monday 29 March 2021

Bristol Sampler update



 Hi

Do you remember my post about the Bristol Sampler that had been in my family for several years? Thanks to Jacob at Modern Folk Embroidery I now know that it has been in my family since 1887 !


It appears that Elizabeth Travel was my great grandmother. More about this in a future post once I get my head around this.

I did a little spending at the Face Book bobbin lace suppliers spotlight page last week. I haven't bought any lace patterns for years and I have plenty to last me but these are rather pretty.



I have a new cross stitch on the go, this one was designed for the Projet Chiens aide aux Handicapes which I think translates as service dogs in 2008 presumably as a fund raiser and offered as a free chart in 2010.


From Monday, we are allowed to meet other people outdoor ( up to 6 people) and since the weather forecast is good for Tuesday I might venture out a little further than the local branch of Tesco :-) We still have to wait until at least 12 April for non-essential shops to open .

I even managed to make a start on the bag of cheviot ! so all in all not such a bad week.


and todays challenge is to sort this lot out double quick so I can get my laptop out for a zoom meeting as I don't have a camera with my desktop which is my general go to more most things internet.


Have a great week , speak soon xx

1 comment:

Araignee said...

I am intrigued by your magnifier. I have one that goes around my neck and it's very uncomfortable. I'll have to look into a free standing one. Your bowl of fiber looks wonderful. I bought some raw fleece a while back with plans to wash in March but the weather has been awful. We had to sleep in the basement last night from the winds.