Thursday 1 July 2021

TDF day five, some spinning, some stitching

 Back to the Shetland / Romney, 2nd bobbin spun and both plied together.



I've now reached the point where I colour code my skeins, a loop of yarn or embroidery thread round the skein and a loop of the same colour through a punched hole in some card, breed name on card. This way I can wash them all together then label up according to the corresponding colours. Does this make sense?

Next up are a couple of bobbins of dark Jacob (different fleece to the last one ) the plan is to spin a couple more tomorrow before I go out and then ply them on Friday.


I think I told you that I had left my big cross stitch project in the van ? this means that I 'have' to start another one 😀 So here we are.


Its actually the wrong way up, not that it matters too much at the moment.

I'm heading out tomorrow, just to get out of the house for a few hours, just some shopping and maybe some coffee. I may just take one of my spindles with me and see how far I get.

1 comment:

Araignee said...

I admire your organization. I have the bad habit of throwing it all in a bag and thinking I'll remember what it is and I never do.
Of course you had to start another stitching project and it's another lovely one!