Wednesday 29 December 2021

Quick crafty update

 Hi

Just a quick craft update before the New Year arrives, the craft destash finally amounted to 7 carrier bags full which will be donated to a playgroup/afterschool club.

I finished the hat which I was knitting whilst away in the van, using my most recently spun yarn. My mannequin head is a bit small especially as she doesn't have any hair and this is really a mans hat.


A couple of months ago I purchased some 20 count gridded Aida (20stitches to the inch) as I had never used it before and was a little curious about it.


I wasn't too sure about it but the instructions said that wash at 60 degrees and the lines disappear, so I did just that.


Please excuse the bad lighting, the lines did disappear and the fabric became a lot whiter and denser. I'm now stitching a small design just to experiment with plus I'm feeling like I need to stitch in something other than black or red for a while. Each square is 10 stitches so 1/2 inch.


As for new year plans ? I've not really got many, just trying to spin down as much of my fleece stash as possible. Obviously we will try and get away as often as work allows and continue to destash the house.

Do you have any plans for 2022?

speak soon xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never seen that fabric before but I would love something like that. I'll have to go explore.
My plans for 2022 are murky. I would love to get my kitchen done so I could get my loom set back up before I am too old to warp it. I really don't need another blessed dishtowel but I do so enjoy making them.

Gillian said...

2022 is fast approaching now. Not thought of any New Year plans really, other than one I had last year which was to try and finish a cross stitch I have had on the go for about 5 years I am ashamed to say. It is of a row of beach huts. I love beach huts and have some wonderful childhood memories of family holidays. I send you all good wishes for 2022 and more coffee meet ups.

Guzzisue said...

Zweigart easy grid fabric if you want to look out for it x