Wednesday 16 February 2022

Still having a fluffy time

 When I spin, the resulting skeins are generally around 110gm as I prefer to be on the generous side for yardage .As a result I often have combed fibres left over, just 20 or 30 gram, which go into a bag until I get the drumcarder out.


I then blend these together to make batts, the mix of breeds varies each time but this ensures that I get the most from my fleece.



These are spun up as a fairly rustic yarn.



The resulting skeins will have to wait for a dry day when I can wash and then dye them ready for knitting.

Anyway back to my knitting, will update again in a few days xx


1 comment:

Araignee said...

How lovely it all is! I save up bits like that too and it makes the best yarn for socks. I pull a pair of those nice woolly ones over my regulars and I haven't had to wear boots all winter-not even in the snow.