Saturday 31 December 2022

Cross stitch, spinning update for December

 At the beginning of December I said that I was done with knitting because I needed to spin some more yarn. I am am slowly making inroads into the fleece stash and the wash bag is filling up ready for a sunny, breezy day when I can get all the skeins on the line.


some of these will go in the dye pot but again I will be waiting on the weather.

I may have lied about the knitting 😁 I have occasionally had my needles to hand, especially when visiting the local cafe.


One thing I am up to date on is the Cliffside stitches tiles SAL, we are on week 14 and I have just finished stitching week 14. 


You may remember that I was thinking about condemning the Blackwork SAL to the bin after the first square, I'm still not sure but have done a little work on it.


Three projects that I would like to finish in 2023 are the big red thing, mainly because I can't start another really big project until this one is done.


The black sampler that I started for Black Sampler November 2021



And this small Quaker sampler which is languishing because I'm not too keen on the colours, I'm even wandering if it would be better as a monochrome ?



There is lace on my pillows but as yet nothing on any of my looms so this is about it at the moment.

There are a few very old projects lurking and I'll will probably leave them exactly where they are !!

As usual I have a lot of fleece to deal with over the next couple of months and the spinning and knitting are very much my main focus at the moment however I will keep you update.

In case you missed it in my last post, the charity shop haul was amazing  and I may use some
 of it to make up small kits for friends.


So, have a great New Year and we will speak soon xx






1 comment:

Araignee said...

What a productive year!
Wishing you a happy and healthy 2023 with plenty of traveling adventures!