Thursday 12 January 2023

Life has been quiet

 over the last couple of weeks since the New Year, I've met friends for coffee, managed to get some yarn washed and labelled, done a little spinning, some fibre prep and some knitting.

I'm not a fan of winter and tend to want to hibernate until spring arrives so in a bid to chase away the winter blues we have been planning out our next big road trip round part of Scotland. The general route is planned so now to find campsites and point of interest to visit in the area. This involves a lot of map studying and google searching as these days we find that the sites get booked up so really don't want to leave it to chance as much as we hate having a set agenda.

Yarn washing, the skeins had a good blow on the line on New Years day so just needed to finish drying overnight in the work room.

Back to the spinning, the yarn now looks neat and tidy and has been bagged and stored.

I'm getting to the end of my washed fleeces and given the fact that its not really drying weather at the moment, I may buy in some ready washed fleece from a mill and see what I think about the quality, just to tide me over until the weather improves.

My prep bag is full so its time to dig the wheel out again.

I have had a small amount of Bond hanging around since forever so I combed it over the last few days and finished spinning it today, well almost, it still needs plying.

Some of the washed yarn jumped into the dye pot, the purple will be hat knitting on the way to a short hotel break later this month, the green will be fingerless mitts.


On the knitting front, two more pairs of mitts, my target is 10 pairs so I'm now well on the way in spite of a certain person selling some at Christmas to office girls with cold hands  😁


As for my stitching, the tiles stitch a long is up to date but I haven't really touched any of the others,.

I mentioned car knitting earlier on, fingers crossed that it doesn't snow as we will be taking a trip to see the sea again later this month.

And that's about it, nothing really exciting except the big yellow bird in the garden ( actually on the field behind the garden but still really noisy)

The field has occasionally been used as a landing site for the air ambulance as was the case this time.

That's all for now, speak soon xx



1 comment:

Araignee said...

I'll never forget the night they loaded my mom in one of those yellow helicopters to fly her off to a bigger hospital from our small rural one. I stood under it and watched it fly away feeling weirdly exhilarated in that blast of air while at the same time knowing the whole situation was hopeless. I can't see one of those flying by that I don't think of her.
On a happier note...your spinning photos are always a pleasure to see. I've taken to watching people prepare fiber on YouTube since I can't get my fix. This has been a gray, wet winter. Very dreary. Very muddy. Not fiber prepping weather at all.