Monday 23 October 2023

brr, definitely Autumn

 Sorry for the lack of posts over the last couple of weeks or so, I managed to catch a bad cold which kept me in bed and seems to have sapped my energy a bit along with some of my crafting mojo.

I did make it to the Bakewell Wool gathering with my friends, my only purchase being more bobbins for my e-spinner so I can have more than one project on the go. We travelled by bus, taking advantage of the cheap bus fare currently available across the country.


On the way to the festival from the centre of Bakewell, we had to cross a 'lock bridge' covered in thousands of padlocks inscribed with names of loved ones, pets etc.



Once inside I was intoxicated by the wool fumes and forgot to take phots , haha. I was really too busy looking at what was for sale and chatting to people who I rarely see these days.

Nancys Graceful fibres had some lovely reconditioned wheels for sale.



and Diane from Murmuring wheel was captivating people with her spinning on a great wheel.


Other than that, I've attempted some bobbin lace only to find that my brain is not functioning enough to work it out and playing around with a couple of pin looms.




again, brain fog caused a few problems but I may have another go ( I borrowed the looms)

I rounded off the last couple of weeks with a visit to our local museum with my wheel for a couple of hours or so chatting to the visitors.



I'll leave you with Nottingham on a quiet Sunday morning last week.


Makes a change from the usual guitar busking.

Speak soon xx




2 comments:

Araignee said...

That pin looms brings back such memories. My great grandmother had one and made the most gorgeous afghans. I've got two in the workroom because the crocheted edging came loose and I'm picking it all out in hopes of re-doing it some day.

Gill said...

You have not mentioned those lovely toasties we had for lunch. Enjoyed the day until we got back to Nottingham and it took me forever to get home due to traffic diversions. Hope you are feeling much better now.