Wednesday 1 November 2023

Guild weaving day

 Last Saturday was guild weaving day although for me it was a bit of a struggle first thing. I woke up, checked the time with Ian who told me it was twenty to seven on the heating clock ( which is 10 min slow) No panic then until I picked up my phone and found out that it was actually 10 to eight !!

It appears that the heating clock had switched to daylight saving time a day early. The next hour was a mad rush to get up, shower, sort my stuff, realise that my inkle loom will no longer fit in the bus luggage compartments on the new bus, grab knitting and e- spinner instead and catch the bus into town.

Why so early? well, my Guild day starts with coffee and breakfast in town as my treat.

Anyway, I forgot to pick up my ear buds and thought I had forgotten my wallet so had to detour to the bank to pick up some cash for the charity sale table,

Nottingham seems to be torn between getting ready for Christmas and Halloween.






After breakfast ( I do like to sit and look out of the window ), I got stuck in a traffic jam, stuck at the rail crossing, and diverted from the normal bus route,




 I eventually arrived at the Guild meeting a little late.
Most people had already set up and there were plenty of looms to have a look at and have a go on.





I may have acquired a new to me loom as well but more about that in another post.

Speak soon x


1 comment:

Araignee said...

Look at all those beautiful looms! And mine shoved in a corner until I can put the furniture back after The Mister's knee surgery. I'm itching to get back at it.