Thursday 29 February 2024

scrap bag challenge

 Over the years I've been reluctant  to throw out oddments of hand spun even when the balls are really small.. Mitts and headbands have been knitted from them but I still have a large amount of mixed weight oddments that are too small to use up in knitting.

My choices so far have been to weave on a pin loom but I'm not in love with the end result as I'm not sure what to do with the squares.

Wind into a large ball and knit but that only works really if its all 4 ply or dk not a range from lace to bulky.

After playing around with the latch hook kit the other day I wondered whether that was the answer. 

A quick scroll through ebay through up some cushion covers with the canvas already in place. it would be portable and easy to pick up anywhere.

So, here we go.







1 comment:

Araignee said...

That's a brilliant use of those scraps. My dad made some beautiful latch hook rugs. One for each grandchild. The depth of color and design you can get from just small pieces of wool is surprising.