Friday 23 February 2024

Back to the crafts

 Hi,

I've been taking a bit of a break from my usual crafting, I had started to get pains in my hands when knitting so stopped, put down the pins and picked up a sewing needle, I later found a similar problem when spinning so I have been on a self imposed break from that as well.

Things seem to be fine now so I have stared sorting through my stash of washed fleece from last year and processing it ready to spin on our next long road trip. Several bags of oddments have been lurking for some time, some simply were the odd and sods left after spinning most of the fleece and not worth bothering with, These will get recycled as stuffing etc, Others have had enough decent fleece to make it worth combing or carding ready to spin.

suffolk x bfl

I have also picked up my lace making again and even found a latch hook kit in a charity shop so I am also playing with that from time to time.



My sampler has grown slightly, I've added my initial using cross stitch patterns from my great Grandmothers sampler together with a chain stitch sample.


I've also picked up the Fox and Rabbit 2023 SAL that I started last year but gave up on after a couple of months.


Some more Shetland fleece is on order from Ullapool, due to arrive next week so that will probably be my spring time spinning project.

Thats about it for now, we have a quick night away planned then maybe a break in the van,Watch this space. x

1 comment:

Araignee said...

My hands have been giving me fits also. I can't knit but a few minutes before they start going to sleep. I find that switching up needles sizes between projects helps but it kills my mojo to keep changing projects.
Your stitching projects are beautiful. I can't stop looking at Fox and Rabbit. There's so much going on. What a great pattern.