Thursday 28 February 2008

Wedding Lace


Claire of Pinky and Boo is busy making wedding preparations and mentioned on her blog that


As I am making the crochet flowers to applique on the dress, I would like to make leaves from pieces of old lace, to kind of make them into corsages. This is the bit you guys come in - if you have any small pieces of old lace that you don't mind parting with, I would love to include it in my dress - I am looking for anything white or ivory/cream that could be made into a leaf, so it doesn't have to be a huge bit - a couple of inches will do just fine.



When I spoke to Claire at the Stitched Up meeting last night, she chose this Honiton Lace sample to include in her dress. I remember making this piece about 10 years ago and would love it to be used rather than be sat in a drawer forever.

Claire was also busy stitching lovely little needle cases shaped like baskets of flowers and cupcakes to sell on etsy.

No comments: