Friday 20 November 2009

My week so far....

Hi, I went back to work on Monday and many thanks for all of your get well wishes, they seem to be working as I am getting back to normal. Although I do seem to have a creative block and a desire to do repetitive things but this will pass in due course.

I only worked until Wednesday this week as I had a few days owing so Wednesday evening I had a quick look round the German Market and The Ice Rink ( scene of my downfall or rather falling down last year) One or two strange characters were spotted wandering around....

fibre project 001

fibre project 004

fibre project 007


Then on to Stitched Up meeting and the chance to make lace, drink tea and gossip with friends. New friends are always welcome so if you live near Sherwood, Nottingham, drop us a line:-)

fibre project 019


On Thursday I took the chance to amble down to Nottingham Contemporary to see the David Hockney and Frances Stark Exhibitions. I still do not like David Hockney but Frances Stark made me smile and I suspect that the girls and myself may get to spend an hour or two in the bar there from time to time.

fibre project 015
Claire busy setting out Pinky and Boo stall

Today I have been keeping Claire company at the West Bridgford Craft fair selling her wonderful brooches, bags, aprons whilst spinning up a storm on my drop spindle.


fibre project 016


Tomorrow we go down to the Long Eaton Chestnut fair, then on Sunday Claire, Vicky, Hannah and myself will board a coach for the knitting and stitching show at Harrogate. Two coaches are due to go from the Textile Workshop and I suspect ours will be the loud one. Hopefully I will have room to do some knitting in the way there as I really need the practise:-) so far I think I have conquered the knit part, next I will think about purl!

fibre project 017


Have a great weekend, whatever you may be doing.

14 comments:

Julie said...

I'm going to Harrogate tomorrow so I'll try and leave something for you for Sunday ;o) I'm hoping to get across and see the Hockney exhibition before too long.

Sally H said...

Sounds like a good week! We had planned to go to the market tomorrow, but they have decided it is too risky with the forecast of high winds and storms.

Vicky said...

Sounds like a fun week. Why does work have to get in the way of these things? Looking forward to Harrogate. See you tomorrow bright and early! xx

Woolly Bits said...

lucky you, I heard that Alexandra Palace and Harrowgate are much bigger and nicer than dublin. on the other hand - there's only so much I can spend:))
is the fibre BFL humbug? I got some last year and spinning it was great fun! enjoy the show!

Bettina (from drowning ireland)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joei Rhode Island said...

Glad you are better. I *love* the lace making...can't even imagine how to start. All those bobbins! YIKES! I'll just look and admire =-)

Maggi said...

Glad to hear that you are better. You have had a busy week. I hope you enjoyed Harrogate. I had intended to go today but decided against it owing to a slightly ailing car and dire weather here.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Your knitting is lovely with your yarn. Hope you conquer purl

Love
Carolyn, Custard and Monster
xxx

Laura Neal said...

Your knitting is looking great! Glad you are feeling better. I love the fiber you are spinning on your spindle! What kind is it?

Guzzisue said...

woolly bits and Laura-yes the fibre is BLF spins like a dream:-)
Harrogate was great but spent SO much, will blog soon:-)

Anonymous said...

All sounds like so much fun (except the back to work part). Glad you're better.I love the colour combinations in the last photo.

Jackie said...

You had a good week. Doesn't it seem early somehow for all the Christmas costumes?
I love David Hockneys latest watercolour paintings...did you in the end?

Fannie said...

Wow, thanks for sharing. Wonderful, festive.

Monika said...

So far I've only spun dyed Humbug fiber. I love how it looks undyed on your spindle! I've got to give it a try too some day.