Sunday 13 June 2010

World wide knit in public day



Not that I need an excuse to sit and knit :-)This spinning lark seems to have been my obsession for a while and just when I think my knitting skill are sufficient for my needs ie basic grounding in knit and purl, someone throws a challenge in my face!!

So we packed our bags and headed off to Nottingham Contemporary Cafe which has become a favourite with us. Fellow Raveler Wikkidknitter produced this ball of mystery fibre

lace knitting fibre

and said 'you should knit this pattern next' Ok, lets have a look at it,

echo flower shawl

see what I mean about a challenge, isn't it pretty!!!! the patterns is echo flower shawl by Jenny Johnson Johnen and I think it will be on my needles at some point soon.

world wide knit in public day

We spent the afternoon quietly knitting and spinning on drop spindles, drinking tea and catching up with the gossip. It wasn't until we were on the way back into town that we realised that we hadn't a photo of us!! But I have got a very blurrey photo of me spinning in a bar in Nottingham two weeks ago so that will have to do.



Thanks Peter, I had a great time and hopefully will do it all again real soon :-)

Just one more thing, LOOK what they have done to our council house, is this the biggest England flag in the country?

nottingham world cup, world cup, england flag

I hope you all have a good weekend and find time for a cup of tea and a few moments relaxation

teapot

8 comments:

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Looks like you had a very nice WWKIP. Your friend's knitting project looks to be very complicated, but very pretty.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Lovely post and gorgeous lacey flowery pattern ... very pretty indeed. Where can we get our hand on that pattern?

Weird said...

That surely is a beautiful pattern! (Can I find it online...? ;-))
And I love the yarn on your spindle, too - so nice and creamy, and so even!

I'm sure you will master the challenge and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures :-)

Best wishes,
Weird

Weird said...

Oh my - please excuse my stupid question about the pattern - I just saw the link. It was only in front of my face the whole time *shakes head*
I absolutely need to go to bed.

Still - lovely pattern ;-)

Guzzisue said...

Peter says thank you to all of you for the comments on his knitting :-)

Jackie said...

It is very pretty and almost makes me want to knit...almost!

Dita Maulani said...

I also have this world knit celebration day but i couldn't make it that day. Reading this post made me wanna start knitting!

Hannah said...

That is gorgeous. It looks like a blast to work with.