Wednesday 7 December 2011

time to stitch?

I've spent much of the last two years learning to spin, learning about fibres, learning the basics of knitting and weaving but I am now starting to feel the call of embroidery again. After all I spent 7 years studying creative embroidery City and Guild and feel the need to put it to use even if in a small way, so I have signed up for Take a Stitch Tuesday which is being rerun in the new year. I know I won't do every one but I feel that I need to get back to the stitch thing again if you know what I mean.

So we will see how it goes, see if I still have any inspiration in me :-)
 
If you feel the urge to join in, more info here,

a quick blast from the past, some of my previous attempts...

TAST 1 002
Herringbone stitch

 tast revisited cretan stitch
 Cretan stitch

2 comments:

Maggi said...

There is certainly an amazingly large group for TAST 2012. I hope I can get further than I did with TAST2

Anonymous said...

What do you mean you won't do every one???? You must or you'll be shamed and tied with silk floss to the pillory out front.

Well, anyway, I'm glad to see you're joining up again even if you are only half-heartedly committed... ;o)

Diane