Sunday 20 May 2012

back again

Hi, I bet you thought I had fallen off the edge of the world!! not quite but family has taken me away from my blog temporarily. Still I have some photos to share, news of a new venture which will probably be the next post and some general nonsense as usual.

Spinning, well we have been as busy as ever:-) getting out and about, this time to the Frameworkers Museum where we appeared as part of a workers playtime event on MayDay.

 Blog 2012 498

We started all very organised in a gazebo in the garden at 10 o'clock and at 11 o'clock we made a rapid retreat into the Hall to avoid the pouring rain.

 Blog 2012 489


Pete aka Wikkidknitter provided a display of hand spun and hand dyed fibres for the public to admire and ended up selling some of them much to his surprise.

 Blog 2012 492

The previous day I had attended a spinning session with the Woolly Outlaws based in the North of Nottingham where there was also a Medieval Market taking place. I had to explore...I did and found a sweet little spinning wheel which after a bit of gentle tinkering span very nicely. So, so tempted to take it home but just don't have the space. Even Biker Ted asked why I hadn't bought it !!

 

No comments: