Wednesday 14 February 2018

waiting for wash day :-)

I have been busy and now I'm waiting for a wash day, one that's dry, sunny and a little breezy. I know its a big ask in February but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

In the last couple of days I've washed some Shetland and I'm just starting to prep it (this isn't the new stuff, that hasn't arrived yet)

and I've had a hunt through my fleece looking for any I can get rid of and came across this.

washed maybe 3 years ago, compacted at the bottom of my large fibre bag and a mix of two, possibly three unknown breeds. It was halfway to the bin but I thought I'd give it a shot just in case.



Actually its not too bad, I'll probably get 2/3 skeins from it and chuck out the worst bits. Definitely feels like a down breed in there somewhere.

So, these are the skeins waiting for a dunk at the moment.

Nice selection, even if I say so myself :-)

Hampshire down
Mule
unknown x 2
Shetland merino
ryeland
Jacob x texel
Shetland
ryeland/zwarble
Shetland
cheviot

Speak soon x




1 comment:

Araignee said...

Nice selection is right!