Thursday 29 October 2020

just sittin' and craftin'

 Hi,

The sun has finally come out so I'm going to chance putting some washing on the line, probably won't dry but at least it will air a bit. I will probably finish it off in the tumble dryer as its that strange time of year when heating is not needed much in the house so any washing hanging around doesn't really dry off.

Over the last week or so I seem to have spent more time thinking what I want to do than actually doing it. Slow progress on the cross stitch so far.



I recently found someone else who is doing the same pattern and its taken her 2 years so far ! She still has all the back stitch to do where as I'm trying to work it as I go along.

I've also been knitting ! I had a request from a friend for a hat so here it is.


I know, not my usual handspun but he wanted something colourful so I've used up oddments from my strap weaving stash .Its the fair isle fisherman kep pattern minus the tassel.

That's about it for now, we are due to go into further lockdown tomorrow so I stocked up on coffee for the Tassimo yesterday and chocolate for our weekend treats. 

Quick late addition, the postie dropped this off. I spotted this small kit on ebay, its an old one but I thought it would be good to work on whence are away in the van as its quite small.


                                             and just look at all the stamps on the envelope





That's about all for now, speak soon x



1 comment:

Araignee said...

Your stitching is lovely as is that hat! What a lucky friend. It would taken me years to get that done. As for the stitching, I have projects that are almost 10 years in. The one that I am working on now was supposed to be our wedding sampler. That was 11 years ago.