Tuesday 17 November 2020

do I need a hat to go with the mitts ?

 Hi

Its been a quiet week, lockdown has settled on the house and we only leave for either work , exercise or shopping. I have a walking circuit round the local area, as we live in the bottom of a valley it's pretty much uphill in any direction. I'll try and grab a photo for next time to show what I mean.

The leaves have now come off most of the trees although a few are still holding out, the early morning sun shows off the colour beautifully.


The pile of fabric got me itching to stitch and I've started a small blackwork design, I have an idea for my needlework, more will be revealed later.


During my hunt for embroidery thread etc I found a cross stitch picture that I started and abandoned maybe 30 years ago. I'm not really sure why I stopped, I think that I may have made a mistake counting somewhere but I've found the chart and threads so hopefully I'll be able to have a good look at it this week.


And I did cast on the hat, this is for myself as its the same yarn as the mitts and I generally only sell my work when its spun/knit from British breeds.


Thats about it for now, speak soon xx


No comments: