Monday 18 January 2021

dreaming of easier times

 Hi

We are planning a couple of getaways for later in the year in the vain hope that we will be able to get the van out of storage, hoping to get back up to Scotland at some point and maybe just a  few days at the coast more locally although I can think of some wonderful coastal campsite north of the border.

I'd love to go back here


or even here 


But that would involve a few ferries (outer Hebrides)

Still, I can visit in my imagination 😃

Anyway, Its been a different sort of week, I still haven't left the house but Ian had a weeks holiday owing so we tackled one or two small jobs around the house. The weather wasn't the best so stayed mainly inside.


At least the sunrise was colourful this morning.

Finally, a quick crafty round up.

I've been thinking about what to do with fleece and handspun other than knitting which is my usual go to. I've come up with a little list so here is number 1


Inkle weaving or sometimes called band weaving. Woven on an inkle loom with the pattern being picked by hand with each pass. The warp is continuous and this is a warp facing weave ie you don't see the thread that is on the shuttle.


This shows that path of the warp round the loom, this is only the second time that I have tried weaving with hand spun yarn, it catches in the heddle strings but not too badly.

I only have a few inches to go so it will probably be finished later today.

I have made some progress on the garden SAL and I'm currently adding the third week.


No spinning this week or knitting. I seem to have spent more time thinking than doing if you know what I mean !

My no spend on craft supplies attempt has been redrawn at £10 per month which makes a little more sense plus makes me feel better having ordered a book for the grand price of £3.27 including delivery ( thank you Prime) more about this when it arrives.

that's about all for now, take care, speak soon x





1 comment:

Araignee said...

My favorite part of the crafting is the thinking but it always gets me in trouble. I was just thinking about buying some yarn from a shop I found here in the US that only sells UK breeds that I am not familiar with. They even have some fiber. I'm going to have to find some extra in my budget. I could have spent all day looking at their online shop.