Monday 28 June 2021

TDF day 2, back home again

 We are back home, an uneventful journey back to the storage yard, unloaded the van of food items and clothes and returned home. I remembered to bring my wheel and fibre home but my cross stitch project is still packed (accidently) ready for the next trip.

I forgot to mention yesterday that the red arrows flew past in formation as we walked down the avenue into Cirencester, I heard them coming but didn't have chance to grab the cameras.

Yesterdays charity shop finds ( other than a couple of cds )

Isle of Skye Jigsaw


and a book about needlework tools, this is a 1971 reprint of a 1928 book, absolutely fascinating as it contains not just history but rhythms, quotations and poems about needlework.


Now for the update that you have all been waiting for, TDF spinning ! I finished the 60 gm of white texel and also quickly spun 60gm of chunky Jacob. In case you are wondering, I tend to spin 55- 60 gm each bobbin as it guarantees that the weight of the finished skein, after washing, will be over 100gm.



Quick knitting update, I finished all four pairs of mitts and these have now arrived at their new home.


The purple at the bottom is a hat that accompanied them on their journey 😀


2 comments:

Araignee said...

That is lot accomplished!

Gillian said...

Loved reading that Sue. The wool looks lovely, jigsaw not bad either!