Sunday 27 June 2021

And they are off !! Tour de fleece gets underway..

 .. and so do we ! We picked up the van, threw in a change of clothes and some food and drove down to the Cotswolds. This time we were staying on the Caravan and Motorhome club site at Cirencester where we stayed for a night on the way back from the Isle of Wight last year.

I did take one of my spinning wheels and a cross stitch project to work on Friday evening. The official start of the tour de Fleece is midnight local time, my start was somewhat later as we decided that breakfast was more important.


I did get to spin both in the morning for an hour and the same in the afternoon and completely forgot to take the customary photo of my wheel in action ! so I leave it to your imagination.

Around midday we wandered into town to do a little shopping and generally have a look around. The campsite is a simple walk from the town through the park. The driveway through the park is quite stunning and if it looks familiar its because it has been used as a film location several times.

                                       The Bathurst Estate and Cirencester Park as filming locations



The iron work above the gate is also quite stunning.


The large building to the left of the gates is the old barracks.



Ooops, a rare photo of my other half (hates having his photo taken, didn't even realise I had caught him in this one).

I didn't take anymore photos, just browsed the shops, bought a book in Oxfam which I will share next post and Ian spotted a jigsaw from the Isle of Skye so that came back with us as well. I think the fresh air got to as we were both asleep pretty much as soon as we got back to the van.

Saturday, day one spinning.





1 comment:

Araignee said...

I am lobbying so hard to convince The Mister to buy a camper van but so far no luck. The idea of packing my stuff and hitting the road is so appealing after being stuck inside for over a year. I even bought three camping guides to see if that would help but he's holding tight to every dime we have right now. Booo....at least I'm getting to travel around with you!