Wednesday 14 July 2021

TDF Day 18

 Today it was back to tackling the black cheviot from the Isle of Skye, yep the fleece from the sheep that must have stood on the coal tip! Teeny, tiny bits of what looks like coal even though I'm sure it isn't but its a right pain even after combing as much out as possible. I'm spinning and relying on my fingers feeling the bits as I come to them. 107gm of yarn and a floor that needs sweeping.


And in the wash bag it goes, I now have 1.6 kilo of yarn ready for a serious washday.


The rest of my day was spent alternately doing house stuff and prying into pillowslips of fleece to see what is still lurking, For tomorrow I have 50gm of unknown white stuff to work with. I have a feeling that this may be Kerry hill but I didn't find a label in the raw fleece when I got round to washing some.






1 comment:

Araignee said...

Those pretty little balls of fluff are just so lovely. I should be combing and carding but I just can't do it in this heat and humidity. At least I got my latest fleece washed and stored away when I still could get outside.