Saturday 9 December 2023

Christmas in Nottingham

 If you have been following this blog for a few years , you will know that we don't 'do' Christmas. We prefer to take ourselves away from all the fuss and bother and chill for a few days although I realise that we now seem to do this a lot !

However, the U3A photography group decided to have this months meeting at the Christmas market followed by coffee.

Here are the daytime results on a cold wet December morning.









To be honest, not a lot of inspiration or atmosphere. Fortunately I had to head back through town later in the day and had another meander round.







Yep, beginning to feel a lot like Christmas for many people x


3 comments:

Araignee said...

How beautiful! We're still "doing" Christmas here but I'm starting to wonder why. It's so much bother and fuss for just the two of us. The kiddies haven't seen the inside of my house during the holidays for at least 20 years now. They do their own things so it's just us two old fools pretending to be jolly. The whole thing gets sadder every year. If I didn't have a house full of critters I would pack it in and head off too. I would rather be anywhere but here right now.

peahen said...

HI Sue
This is a lovely collection of photographs. One thing I notice is that the outstanding ones are the ones where you've picked out a part of something; the bar sign, the figure's eyeball, the single car of the wheel and the horses on the carousel. I would have naturally tried to nicely frame the bigger object. I'm going to try and bear this in mind.

I envy you because the last place I want to be on that day is with other people. I haven't done cards or presents for years. But for some reason it means a huge amount to Mum to have the family around on that day and you don't know how many years you've got left with them do you.

Guzzisue said...

Peahen, thanks for your kind comments, I'm trying to get back into photography now I have a bit more time to simply stand and see what is in front of me :-)
Family are important however we've never been big on the family Christmas so we tended to make fleeting visits so say hello.