Saturday 13 July 2024

Day 14, through thick and thin

 I would usually describe my spinning as pretty consistent, I generally know what weight I'm aiming for and and what I will do with it. If I'm knitting fair isle I don't want too many lumps and bumps, if its for a plain hat then variation will add texture.

Day 14 spins show that. The thick spin is NCM spun very quickly, softly, lumpy bumpy included. AAs it hasn't been washed I'm expecting a chunky from this one. It was good to get away from my usual ordered method.



In contrast, the first skein off the Nano for TDF is nice and consistent as I would like to try Shetland lace knitting at some point and I was looking for a practise yarn, not too fine but useable.


Photos taken with my phone so not the best but hopefully you can see what I mean.


2 comments:

Araignee said...

Such lovely skeins! The difference in weight is amazing to me. I can't seem to ever get out of my default weight. I like how you embrace the lumpy bumpy nature of some of them. It drives me crazy while I'm spinning but I have to admit it does make some of the more interesting fabric once it's knit up. I've got one of my lumpiest and bumpiest skeins sitting here staring at me begging to be turned into something fun. I keep telling it...as soon as the weather cools off.

Guzzisue said...

And it's still raining here..... Really want to wash all the fleece so it's ready to spin over winter. Honestly, we seem to get a couple of good days then a week of rain at the moment.