Sunday, 26 July 2026

Day 21 and 22, The end of Tour de Fleece 2026

 That's it, spinning done . I'm going to give it a break for a few days, even though its tempting to continue we have other things in the pipeline over the next week or so.

Therefore I declare the bag FULL.


The final bobbin was spun at guild yesterday.


And plied last night.



So, how much did I spin? well it came in at a similar amount to last year 1.706 Kilo or  3.7 lbs Not too shabby and at least I now have yarn to knit with when we return to Scotland later in the year. For now I'm going to play catch up on my stitching and lace making.



We have Texel, dyed Texel, Shetland, whiteface woodland, ryeland (white and coloured) Romney, wensleydale x zwartble, falkland polworth, wool from world of wool, unknown breed and border leicester cross. I don't think I've missed any out.

Well done to anyone else taking part and I hope to do the same next year as I have for the last 15/16 years.


No comments: