Friday, 21 August 2026

Compare and Contrast

 I realised the other day that I tend to use the same half dozen or so hat patterns whilst we are travelling and restrict the amount of yarn packed in the van. Consequently many of the recent hats are simply dark brown and white as the yarn has been Wensleydale/Zwartble and white Shetland.


On our last trip I had some slightly thicker yarn spun during Tour de Fleece, Light grey Jacob,  darker grey and white Ryeland with me and the same pattern.


I'm now trying to decide which version I like best .I still have to wash and block the grey version but having tried both of them on I do like it.





                                                                      Which do you prefer ? 


Different yarn, different needle size, same pattern, I may have to try this again on our next trip.




4 comments:

Araignee said...

They are both so beautiful! I would get a lot of use out of either one.

Ellen said...

The dark brown has a much crisper pattern definition

Gillian said...

As Ellen said the dark brown pattern is a better definition but I also like the grey. So, like them both Sue.

peahen said...

I think I like the softer, more subtle grey one. It also looks a bit fuzzier and cosier. It's interesting to see the difference.