Sunday 12 April 2020

Another weekly update

Hi,

I seem to have a problem giving myself permission to craft ! Being at home all the time still seems to mean constant housework at the moment, once things are a little more organised it shouldn't be so bad.

 My plans to spend time clearing out the house have been put on hold due to charity shops and local tips  being closed for the time being.

I intend to give myself one task a day then reward myself with some spinning etc. I think the next task will be sorting out the linen cupboard as |I have a small project in mind that may involve an old sheet.

Anyway, this weeks achievements ( the main reason for continuing with this blog )

Workroom, slightly more organised, at lease I can get across the floor now !


Spinning, one skein of Jacob waiting to be washed and 50gm of mixed fibres currently on the wheel.




Lacemaking, In spite of sharing daily photos of my lace on Instagram in January, its actually been a few year since I really made any lace. I'm starting to reteach myself by working through "an introduction to Bucks Point"
And I treated myself to a flexi light so I can see the pricking ( pattern) without the shadows from the pins.



Mandolin, little and often (15 mins daily) as my finger tips still get quite sore :-) the skin will harden after a while but its been years since I played guitar so it will take some time.




The weather has started to warm up nicely so washing now gets dry and put away the same day! I have been baking most of the week and in spite of this, I have lost weight over the last 3 weeks which has pleasantly surprised me.

Have a great week, stay safe xx












1 comment:

Araignee said...

I just picked up my guitar after a very long break and my fingers are feeling it too.
Happy week ahead.
Stay safe.