Monday 4 May 2020

ticking off the jobs

Hi

How are you? we are still in lockdown although there is talk of starting to lift it which really won't change things much for me as I'm supposed to stay in etc for 12 weeks.

This last week has been the usual mix of housework and hobbies but the weather has not been so good, a few cold days or maybe its just me. We had some really warm weather a couple of weeks ago and I hope it returns soon.

I now have a tick list of chores that need to be done daily/weekly etc , it also includes spinning, mandolin practise etc simply to I can see that its not all work.

I did manage to wash some fleece, a lovely Ryeland Shearling that I had forgotten about and I have around 300gm ready to spin and more to wash this week ( the forecast is better)





I spun up just over 100gm of Shetland (need washing), spinning is getting faster using the e Spinner.



I checked outside and I have 10 bags of fleece waiting to be washed, all full/part fleeces that have been collecting over the last few years. I suspect some may end up in the bin but at the moment the list is Hebridean x Southdown, unknown white, black Cheviot, brown Shetland, white Ryeland, Kerry Hill, white cheviot, Jacob, galway?, and brown unknown that could be a heb cross.


I've made some progress on the lace which I am really enjoying playing with again.



On the more practical side, my favorite crop trousers have decided to give up and pull apart so I've patched them, these are the most comfortable ones that I have and when we were touring round a couple of years ago, these were pretty much all I wore !


That's about it, life really doesn't change much at the moment but we have booked a campsite for a weekend in August, fingers crossed that they reopen by then, so we can check out everything in the van still works ok. Its really strange not to be going away this month, we always go back to the Isle of Skye in May for my birthday and we will miss it big time this year.

Speak soon xx



No comments: