Wednesday 8 July 2020

Tour de Fleece day 12

Hi

Its been another dreary wet day, I've not really had the enthusiasm for the short manx so I just finished the 60 gm and left it at that. I will get the drum carder out tomorrow and attempt to make some more batts.



I'm going to add a few photos in a future post about this fleece and the results Whilst I had my camera out I took a photo of a small corner of my desk, would you like to see it ?


Details of the fairy doll at the bottom can be found here Take it further challenge  . The doll in the middle was made on my embellisher. The lizard at the top was a present :-)

Back to spinning, here is the best staple length I could find on the manx


and this is the mystery fleece that I'm spinning this afternoon.


I'm not sure what this is, I was given it last year whilst in Scotland but the person who gave it to me didn't know either !


My first thought is Herdwick but it's actually quite a bit softer than the Herdwick I've spun before, reminds me of Jacob but not quite if you know what I mean.


looking at this, I'm swaying back towards Herdwick.


The only other thing I have to show is my new mug.



Take care, speak tomorrow xx

2 comments:

Araignee said...

What sweet little locks! I only once tackled such shorties before. It was a Clun Forest. I thought it was hopeless but it actually turned out quite doable and was a lovely fiber to knit with.

Guzzisue said...

I'm trying to love short fibres... :-) I don't think its working though !