Monday 1 February 2021

interrupted service

 Hi

Over the next few weeks my attention will be needed elsewhere so unfortunately my posts will probably be short and sweet. I'm hoping to still put something up each Monday but suspect that may be a little erratic at times.

OK, down to business.

Today I'm sharing 3 samplers with you, two have recently come into my possession and another is currently being worked on.

The first has been in my family for several years, I remember it being in a frame at home and once things are a little more sorted here I will be looking to get it reframed properly.



I don't know whether this is a family member or whether it was simply bought as an interesting item.




This one is a lot more recent, 1995, stitched during my first era of cross stitch addiction !


 and finally, the small Quaker Sampler that I am stitching at the moment



As much as I'm enjoying stitching these designs, I have an aching to design my own so that may be a project for the future.

That's about all for now, thanks for reading, speak soon and take care x


1 comment:

Araignee said...

What lovely samplers! The stitching bug hit me hard in the 80's and I had several nice ones I finished but when we moved here I stored them in the attic only to find the mice loved them as much as I did and made nests out of them.
Your Quaker is lovely. I bought a Quaker pattern last fall but the material never arrived. You just reminded to me to go look to see what's up with that. Not that I need another project right now. As usual I have bit off way more than I can chew.